To get started, download
MEKA and run
run.bat on Windows) to launch the GUI.
The MEKA tutorial (pdf) has numerous examples on how to run and extend MEKA.
Note also the manuscript MEKA: A Multi-label/Multi-target Extension to WEKA introducing the MEKA farmework.
See a list of the most common methods available in MEKA, and (command-line) examples on how to use them. More method-specific details can be found in the links below.
There are also some examples on how to use Meka in your own Java code.
Multi-label References and Links
MEKA originated from implementations of work from various publications (note also the references therein). There are some tutorials/slides about multi-label and multi-target classification in general.
Note other software that uses MEKA:
- ADAMS framework - integrates MEKA into workflows
- MOA environment for data streams can use Updateable MEKA classifiers
- scikit-multilearn can interface to MEKA in Python
- KNIME framework, includes a plugin to integrate Meka Classifiers into workflows
- DKPro Text Classification Framework
- scikit-multiflow uses multi-label classifiers in Python
and other multi-label links:
- Scikit MultiFlow
- MULAN Framework for Multi-label Classification
- Mulan Multi-label Group from the Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery Group in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Have a specific problem or query? You can post it to MEKA's Mailing List. Subscribe here, or write directly to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind:
- Check if your question has already been answered on the mailing list
- Avoid contacting developers directly for MEKA-related help.
You may also find that someone has raised an issue on github relating to your question.
A list of current issues in Meka (known bugs, planned improvements, feature wishlist) can be found at https://github.com/Waikato/meka/issues. Please add one if you believe you have another (but please check first to make sure it hasn't been raised already!)
The Meka developers never have enough time to implement everything that should be in Meka. If you would like to contribute something new to Meka (add a feature, improve some existing code), or help with any of the existing issues, please get in touch with the developers.